You’ve probably heard of e-signatures, but you may not be entirely sure what they are or why you need one. In short, an e-signature is termed an electronic version of a handwritten signature that could be utilized to sign documents and forms electronically. E-signatures are legally binding in most countries, which means they can be used for a wide variety of purposes, from signing contracts to verifying identity.
There are many benefits of using esignature. Perhaps the most obvious is that they save time. If you’re conducting business online, there’s no need to print out documents, sign them, and then scan them back in. You can simply sign the document electronically and send it on its way. E-signatures also save paper and reduce the risk of lost or misfiled documents.
Another benefit is that e-signatures are more secure than handwritten signatures. When you sign a document electronically, you can add multiple layers of security, such as a password or a biometric signature (your fingerprint). This makes it much harder for someone to forge your signature and commit fraud.
Finally, e-signatures are environmentally friendly. By conducting business electronically, you’ll save trees and help reduce your company’s carbon footprint.
How to Create an E-Signature?
Creating an e-signature is simple and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how to do it:
- Choose a platform: There are many different software programs that allow you to create e-signatures. Some platforms are free while others require a subscription. Do some research to find the platform that’s right for you and your needs.
- Create an account: Once you’ve chosen a platform, sign up for an account. You’ll likely need to provide some personal information, such as your name and email address.
- Create your signature: Most platforms will give you several options for creating your signature—you can type it in, draw it with your mouse, or even upload a scanned image of your handwritten signature. Choose the method that works best for you and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Add security: As we mentioned before, one of the benefits of e-signatures is that they’re more secure than handwritten signatures. Most platforms will give you the option to add security measures, such as a password or biometric signature.
- Start signing: Once you’ve created your signature, you’re ready to start signing documents electronically! Simply open the document you want to sign and follow the instructions on the screen.
The parting message.
An e-signature is defined as the electronic interpretation of a handwritten sign that can be employed to sign copies electronically—and there are many reasons why you should start using them today! Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that they save time; if you’re conducting business online, there’s no need to print out documents and then scan them back in later—you can simply sign them electronically and send them on their way. Additionally, e-signatures are more secure than handwritten signatures since they can include multiple layers of security (such as a password or biometric signature), and they’re environmentally friendly since they help reduce paper waste. Creating an e-signature only takes a few minutes—so what are you waiting for? Get started today!